A417 Reading Road (East Hendred) Proposed 30mph Speed Limit & Puffin Crossing
Ends: 02 Jun 2017
Oxfordshire County Council proposes to make the following changes in response to the residential development of land to the north of the A417 Reading Road within East Hendred:
- To introduce a 30mph speed limit on the A417 Reading Road:
- through East Hendred, from a point 40 metres west of its junction with Featherbed Lane, westwards to a point 225 metres west of White Road (covering a total distance of 580 metres).
- To install a puffin crossing in order to facilitate the safe movement of pedestrians centred at the following location:
- A417 Reading Road - 40 metres* east of its junction with White Road.
Objections to the proposals and other representations, specifying the grounds on which they are made, may be sent in writing (quoting ref: CM.12.6.199) to the address below by 02 June 2017. The Council will consider objections and representations received in response and they may be disseminated widely for these purposes and made available to the public.
Any unresolved objections will be reported to the Council’s Cabinet meeting later in 2017. The papers for the meeting will be available on the County Council’s website about a week before the meeting
Please read the information provided on this consultation. Your views and opinions matter. Please take the time to respond.
- Public Notice
- Statement of Reasons
- Draft Traffic Regulation Order 2017 - A417 Wantage & Parishes Speed Limits
- Consultation Plan - A417 Reading Road (E Hendred) Proposed 30mph Speed Limit
- Consultation Plan - A417 Reading Road (E Hendred) Proposed Puffin Crossing
- Traffic Regulation Order 2015 - A417 Wantage & Parishes Speed Limits
|Name||A417 Reading Road (East Hendred) Proposed 30mph Speed Limit & Puffin Crossing|
|Description||Oxfordshire County Council proposes to install a 30mph speed limit (in place of the existing 40mph limit) on the A417 Reading Road through East Hendred, and to install a puffin crossing east of its junction with White Road to assist the safe movement of pedestrians. This is as a result of the development of land north of the A417 for residential purposes.|
|Dates||From 4 May 2017 at 00:00 to 2 Jun 2017 at 23:59.|
|Contact Name||Christian Mauz|
|Contact Email Addressemail@example.com|
|Contact Phone Number||07392 318873|
|Contact Postal Address||
Oxfordshire County Council
|Consultation Topic||Planning, Roads & transport|
|Target Audience||Oxfordshire residents, Councillors|
|Geographical Area||Grove and Wantage|