Consultation into the future of Chiltern Edge School
Ends: 30 Jun 2017
Please read the Frequently Asked Questions section (link at foot of this page) before responding. The FAQs page is being updated as responses are received throughout the consultation.
Chiltern Edge School has been placed in Special Measures following an Ofsted rating of ‘Inadequate’.
The Ofsted report details serious concerns about the quality of education currently being provided at the school, and in these circumstances the government requires local authorities to consider the option of closure. The county council’s top priority is to ensure good educational opportunities are available to local families as quickly as possible.
The county council is therefore consulting on the potential impact of closure and whether alternative solutions can be found to ensure good quality education in this part of Oxfordshire. In the meantime, the council is continuing to support the school in addressing the immediate areas of concern raised by Ofsted.
During the consultation phase, the county council will:
- Gather information and opinions on the impact of any potential closure of Chiltern Edge School.
- Identify how secondary special educational needs provision would be delivered, if Chiltern Edge School closes. (Bishopswood School's secondary provision is currently based at Chiltern Edge School.)
- Identify how other users of the Chiltern Edge site will be affected if Chiltern Edge School closes.
- Work with surrounding schools and neighbouring councils to develop plans for transferring pupils from Chiltern Edge School if a decision is later made to close the school.
- Seek views on whether there are other solutions to ensure good quality education in this area.
At the same time, the Department for Education will be trying to identify an academy sponsor to run the school, to enable it to stay open.
It is important to stress at this stage that no decisions have been taken. Everyone with an interest in the provision of good quality education for children in the local area is encouraged to take part in the consultation, to inform future decisions.
This consultation is about gathering information to inform any future proposal. At this stage, we don’t have all the answers, but as more information becomes available it will be added to the website. PLEASE READ THE FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS VIA THE LINK BELOW.
You can respond to this questionnaire by:
- Filling in the online questionnaire . Please note you will need to register to access the questionnaire, but this is a quick and simple process.
- Emailing email@example.com
- Sending a written response to the county council. You can:
- Leave this at the Reception office of Chiltern Edge School, or
- Post to Education Sufficiency & Access, Oxfordshire County Council, County Hall, New Road, Oxford OX1 1ND, marking your envelope CHILTERN EDGE CONSULTATION
Additional information will be added to this site as it becomes available.
Please read the information provided on this consultation. Your views and opinions matter. Please take the time to respond.
|Name||Consultation into the future of Chiltern Edge School|
|Dates||From 27 Apr 2017 at 00:00 to 30 Jun 2017 at 23:59. The results will be published by 18 Jul 2017.|
|Contact Name||Diane Cameron|
|Contact Email Addressfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact Phone Number||0345 241 2487|
|Contact Postal Address|
|Consultation Topic||Education & learning|
|Target Audience||Oxfordshire residents, Young people , Families and parents, Carers, People with a learning disability, People with a physical disability, People with a sensory disability , Councillors, Public sector organisations, Schools, Voluntary organisations and community groups, Staff|
|Geographical Area||Goring and Henley|